Trying to eat up all the odds and ends that have collected in the kitchen and pantry leads to a weird food day.
- Slightly out of date yogurt. (If you thought those cultures were active before the expiration, you should see the Zumba dance-off they have beginning at 12:01am the day after expiration!)
- The fruit formerly known as Banana.
- The last of the stale-ish pita crisps with jalapeno mint jelly.
- That frozen dinner even Matt won’t eat.
- The last of the jalapeno olives.
- The last of the Castelvetrano olives.
- The last of the cracked olives.
- Enough vodka to retroactively make martinis with said olives. Wish I’d thought of that before I ate the olives.
- I wonder if I could finish the last of the pickles?
On the menu tomorrow:
- Try to finish off the last of the jalapeno mint jelly by slathering it onto the last of the bread-and-butter pickle chips.
- More out of date yogurt.
- Is that coat of mold part of the cheese or something that came later?
- Something made with vegetable stock.
- Something made with frozen blueberries.
- Hey, is blueberry soup a thing? I’ll find out tomorrow.
- Last of about 4 or 5 different kinds of frozen vegetables, each with less than a single serving left in the bag.
- Archeological expedition to the bottom of the chest freezer in the garage. Send a rescue party if I’m not back by Sunday.